What is Grit?
Examples of Contest Submission Evidence
The learning process isn't always pretty. A project that demonstrates Grit doesn't have to turn out perfectly.
Show us evidence that you aren't afraid to take on challenges.
To celebrate students and classrooms that engage in the process of learning Paxton/Patterson has launched the Got Grit Contest. We know that through the course of learning there are frequent twists, turns, and even setbacks. We hope that you and your students share stories of the mistakes, setbacks, and the perseverance that went into the process of learning and eventual success! We want to hear about your success stories, reward them, and share them.
- Each month – from October 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017 – one submission will be randomly selected from all qualified submissions received during the month and will receive these two prizes:
- A pizza party for the class in which the winning student or Group/Team is a member. We’ll provide up to $150 for pizza and soft drinks.
- We’ll also provide a $100 Visa gift card for either the winning student or the winning Team/Group (to be split among the members) whose work was submitted.
- On June 1, 2017 all qualified submissions received during the full eight month period will be included in a random drawing for the contest Grand Prize - which is the winner's choice of either an Afinia #H480 3D Printer plus five 500 gram spools of ABS filament for the printer OR a Paxton/Patterson LLC (value of the printer and filament spools) gift certificate in the amount of $1,082.00 valid for purchases from the current Paxton Catalog.
Submissions can be made in different formats. We want you and your students to be creative! The story you tell could be a series of photos with captions, sketches, a video that chronicles a design brief, or perhaps a narrative writing piece that demonstrates what we like to call “Grit”. Videos should be less than four minutes in duration and all submissions should be in English or have English subtitles.
These are the key steps for an eligible submission for the Got Grit Contest:
- Submission must be made by a classroom instructor of a Paxton/Patterson Learning Systems Lab prior to the beginning of, and throughout, the eight month period using a Paxton/Patterson Learning System, on behalf of students currently enrolled in the instructor’s class.
- Submission must be based on a Paxton/Patterson Learning System Activity.
- Submission must be through the online form at www.paxtonpatterson.com/contest.
- Instructors must have received parent or guardian permission to submit their students’ work – as required by school district policy.
- Schools and classes within schools can make multiple submissions in any and all months. However, within a class each student and each Team/Group consisting of the same students is limited to a single submission in a month.
- All submissions received during the eight month period will be included in the June 1, 2017 Grand Prize random drawing.
- The Got Grit Contest is void where prohibited and in Florida, New York and Rhode Island, accordingly schools in those states should not participate.
- The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each of the eight month periods; and the odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the eight month period.
The Got Grit Contest is sponsored by PAXTON/PATTERSON LLC. 4141 W. 126th Street, Alsip, IL 60803
*Must be filled out by an instructor.
Evidence of Learning:
You may include links to pictures, documents and/or videos. Videos must be less than four (4) minutes in length.
Please submit Evidence of Learning by pasting links in the box below.
Seperate links with a blank space or place them on separate lines like the examples shown.