We want to reward students
who tackle challenging projects
with tenacity and mental toughness.
Share your learning experience
for a chance to win
Pizza, Prizes and a 3D Printer.
Have You Got Grit?
What is Grit?
Examples of Contest Submission Evidence
The learning process isn't always pretty and a project that demonstrates Grit doesn't have to turn out perfectly. Show us evidence that you aren't afraid to take on challenges.
Go to Contest Submission Form
To celebrate students and classrooms that engage in the process of learning, Paxton/Patterson has launched the Got Grit Contest. We know that through the course of learning there are frequent twists, turns, and even setbacks. We hope that you and your students share stories of the mistakes, setbacks, and the perseverance that went into the process of learning and eventual success! We want to hear about your success stories, reward them, and share them.
- Each month – from October 1, 2017 through April 30, 2018 – one submission will be randomly selected from all qualified submissions received during the month and will receive these two prizes:
- A pizza party for the class in which the winning student or Group/Team is a member. We’ll provide up to $150 for pizza and soft drinks.
- We’ll also provide a $100 Visa gift card for either the winning student or the winning Team/Group (to be split among the members) whose work was submitted.
- On May 1, 2018 all qualified submissions received during the full seven month period will be included in a random drawing for the contest Grand Prize - which is the winner's choice of either a Dremel 3D40 Printer and four spools of PLA filament for the printer OR a Paxton/Patterson LLC (value of the printer and filament spools) gift certificate in the amount of $1,599.00 valid for purchases from the current Paxton Catalog.
Submissions can be made in different formats. We want you and your students to be creative! The story you tell could be a series of photos with captions, sketches, a video that chronicles a design brief, or perhaps a narrative writing piece that demonstrates what we like to call “Grit”. Videos should be less than four minutes in duration and all submissions should be in English or have English subtitles.
These are the key steps for an eligible submission for the Got Grit Contest:
- Submission must be made by a classroom instructor of a Paxton/Patterson Learning Systems Lab prior to the beginning of, and throughout, the eight month period using a Paxton/Patterson Learning System, on behalf of students currently enrolled in the instructor’s class.
- Submission must be based on a Paxton/Patterson Learning System Activity.
- Submission must be through the online form at www.paxtonpatterson.com/contest.
- Instructors must have received parent or guardian permission to submit their students’ work – as required by school district policy.
- Schools and classes within schools can make multiple submissions in any and all months. However, within a class each student and each Team/Group consisting of the same students is limited to a single submission in a month.
- All eligible submissions received during the seven month period will be included in the May 1, 2018 Grand Prize random drawing.
- The Got Grit Contest is void where prohibited and in Florida, New York and Rhode Island, accordingly schools in those states should not participate.
- The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each of the eight month periods; and the odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the eight month period.
The Got Grit Contest is sponsored by PAXTON/PATTERSON LLC. 4141 W. 126th Street, Alsip, IL 60803