An Educational Sales job opportunity based in the greater Chicago, IL area is currently being offered by Paxton/Patterson. In this role, you will be responsible for developing existing accounts and generating new account relationships with secondary education school districts in IL, IN, and WI. Candidates for this role must prove previous sales success, preferably in technical applications.
Paxton/Patterson has been inspiring students with innovative learning experiences in Career and Technical Education for 50 years. Your success in this role will result in more of America’s youth gaining the experiences and education needed to be successful as leaders in their future roles. Our Learning Systems focus on the high demand careers of STEM, Architecture & Construction and Health Science. This is real hands-on 21st Century learning, not textbooks and lectures. Due to new federal and state legislation and new funding sources, the demand for our state-of-the-art curricula has never been greater and we are looking for you to help make a lasting difference in the lives of students.
Educational Sales Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop existing school district account relationships while acquiring new school district customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of Paxton/Patterson Learning Systems and our value proposition.
- Build strategic long-term sales plans for your territory.
- Communicate market feedback to shape the development of new Learning Systems content and pedagogy.
- Host showcase events at premier school customer sites to introduce more educators to our Learning Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or will consider aligned experience in lieu of earned Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of documented sales success or will consider secondary education school district experience.
- Ability to travel within territory (50 overnights expected).
If you are interested in this Educational Sales job in the greater Chicago, IL area, please apply by sending your resume to [email protected] Compensation will be based upon experience and includes a competitive salary and “no cap” commission plan, full benefits, and company car. First year includes guarantee with minimum earning opportunity of 100K.
An Inside Sales job in the greater Chicago, IL area is being offered by Paxton/Patterson. Individuals with tool knowledge and excellent communication skills should consider this position. A successful candidate finds fulfillment in assisting educators with tool and equipment needs and satisfaction in knowing they are helping students develop hands-on skills. We deal primarily with secondary education schools.
Inside Sales Job Responsibilities:
- Inbound/outbound calling and electronic sales marketing
- Price quote and formal bid preparation
- Customer service duties, answering customer questions and order follow up
- Customer prospecting and research
- 2+ years of sales/customer service
- Ability to describe and recommend woodworking/construction tools per application
- Demonstrate proficiency in Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret detailed customer requests
If you are interested in this Inside Sales job in the greater Chicago, IL area, please apply by sending your resume to [email protected] Compensation will be based upon experience and includes a competitive salary, commission plan, and full benefits. Starting salary is $50,000.